Sir Ness Wadia Memorial Lecture Series
To widen the horizons of our students, the college is closely associated with successful and renowned people from the business world to share their experiences with our students and prepare them for the realworld.
Scholar of the Year Award
Ness Wadia College of Commerce confers “Scholar of the Year Award” and honors the academic achievements of brilliant minds. It also gives our faculty and students an opportunity to interact with eminent academicians.
Prin. B. S. Bhanage National Seminar :
- The Dr. Bhanage Memorial Seminar was introduced in 1999 and has continued to be organized uninterruptedly for last 21 years. Thus the duration of the practice it-self very prominently indicates its success over the years.
- The Seminar has become a prominent annual event for commerce teachers and scholars in India and abroad for presenting their research papers. More than 400 research papers have been presented so far under the auspices of the seminar.
- Today modern business stands at an interesting juncture. On one hand, it has the advantage of technological advancements and digitization that have made things easier on various fronts. It is now easier to reach out to customers, build and consolidate brand identity and leverage company presence. The resurgence of entrepreneurship and a startup boom have opened several opportunities. On the other hand, the challenges for a business have grown manifold. Owing to digitization, we have a more “connected” world in which keeping up with the market, planning, cash flow and financial management, problem solving, and workforce management have become more complex.
- Business administration makes a valuable addition to traditional commerce studies which revolve around trade and exchange. It explores the depths of modern manufacturing business, different operational areas and managerial decision making.The knack of managing and administering a business catering to engaged, informed and connected customers is the difference between business success and failure. Hence the need to carefully consider Changing Paradigms in Commerce and Business Education arises. As teachers and academicians who are sculpting future managers, business leaders and entrepreneurs a holistic view of contemporary business scenario its role, challenges and risk is necessary.
- In this regard, the National Education Policy 2019 outlines a broader framework for the makeover and reinvigoration of the education system in order to respond to the necessities of fast-changing knowledge-based societies while taking into account the diversity of the Indian people and the guiding principles of access, equity, quality, affordability and accountability. It has also been designed to meet the changing needs of the business world with regard to quality, innovation and research. Globalization and the demands of a knowledge economy and a knowledge society put emphasis on the need for acquisition of new skills by learners on a regular basis.
- At Ness Wadia College of Commerce, we are committed to encouraging continuous learning and fostering intellectual thought and dialogue. The Dr. B. S. Bhanage National Level Seminar this year is to be held on the theme of Changing Paradigms in Commerce and Business Education. We look forward to welcome participants at this event which is to be held on Friday 28th February 2020 and Saturday 29th February 2020 at the Neville Wadia Seminar Hall. This Seminar is a platform which we provide to teachers, researchers, professionals and thought leaders to discuss, deliberate and present contemporary issues in commerce and management. Through the discussions and deliberations at this event we hope to encourage research, sharing of ideas, learning, perspectives and cases on the central theme and sub-themes.
Objectives of the Seminar
- To highlight and discuss the various emerging issues in the field of Commerce, Trade, Services, Economics, Banking, Finance and Business Environment.
- To facilitate academic interaction, dialogue and deliberations on the theme and various sub-themes.
- To foster and promote research attitude, aptitude and sharpen analytical skills among teachers and researchers
- To enlighten academicians about contemporary ideas, changes, problems and prospects of modern day business.
The Sub-Themes for Research Papers
- Role of New Education Policy in resolving unemployment
- Changing Role of Teachers in Commerce and Business education.
- The Language Policy and Issues of Language.
- Catching the wrong end of English.
- Redefining Higher Education in India.
- Role of Education in Economic Development.
- New Education Policy and Economic Development.
- CBCS and its implementation.
- Globalization and New Education Policy.
- International Business and the new Education Policy.
- Impact of Industries on Commerce and Business education.
- Role of Private / Autonomous Institutions / Universities.
Call for Research Papers
Call for Research Papers
- Acceptance of paper will be communicated to authors by email.
- Selected papers will be peer reviewed and will be published in UGC approved e-journal /on-line journal.
- Soft Copy of the Abstract and Full Paper to be sent at Email ID: email@example.com by 25thJanuary, 2020.
- Researchers are requested to ensure that their research papers are plagiarism free.
- Date of Submission of Abstract : 30th January, 2020
- Date of Notification by College : 4th February, 2020
- Date of Registration & Submission of Final Paper : 10th February, 2020
- Date of Communication of Acceptance : 11th February, 2020
The Principal,Ness Wadia College of Commerce, Pune-1
Basic Submission Rules
- Original and unpublished papers related to the above-mentioned themes are invited from Academicians, Professionals, Research Scholars and Students.
- The word limit for abstract is 250 words and for full paper is 2500 words.
- Abstract and full paper must mention, Author’s Full Name, Affiliations, and Title of the Research Paper, Contact Number and Email-ID.
- Font type: MS Word, 2010 using Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14; Text-12; Margins: 1.5” from Left, 1’ Top, Right and Bottom; Line Spacing: 1.5 on A4 Size Paper.
- Acceptance of paper will be communicated to authors’ by e-mail.
- Papers selected after Peer Review and Plagiarism Check will be published in the ISBN e-journal / On-line journal which will consider 8 points per paper in self appraisal score. The research papers which are selected and approved by peer reviewed committee will be published, on the payment of an additional amount of Rs. 500/- (+ GST) for publication.
- Soft Copy of the Abstract and Full Paper to be sent at this mail address. Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org by 25thJanuary, 2020.
- The plagiarism check for the papers will be done by Ness Wadia College.
Registration Fees to be paid in advance
|Sr. No.||Type of Researcher||Amount(Rs)
||Academicians / Main Author
RTGS / NEFT Details
||Ness Wadia College of Commerce, Pune
||Bank of Baroda
||Wadia College Campus Branch
||BARB0WADCAM (fifth character is zero)
Last date for payment of registration fees is 11th February, 2020
Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “Principal, Ness Wadia College of Commerce” payable at Pune. The registration fee includes Seminar Kit, Certificate, Tea-Breakfast and Lunch.
Venue Details :
- Neville Wadia Seminar hall, Ness Wadia College of Commerce, Wadia College Campus, Late Prin. V. K. Joag Path, Pune-1
- Office.: (020)-26167024, 26160909
- conference coordinator.: Dr. Vrishali Randhir (+91-985 085 2020)
- 1st Day : 28th February, 2020 - Time 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- 2nd day : 29th February, 2019 - Time 9:00 am to 5:00 pm